10/15/2010

Shaq sees Knicks as playoff contender


via NYDailyNews.com

Shaquille O'Neal claims he never heard of Russian rookie center Timofey Mozgov, but he still believes the Knicks can make the playoffs after their summer transformation.
"Any Mike D'Antoni team is going to be a very exciting team to watch," the Celtics' new center said before he sat out the Knicks' preseason home opener last night at the Garden. "With the addition of [Raymond] Felton, Ama're [Stoudemire] and [Danilo] Gallinari starting to come into his own, they should be a playoff-contending team."
As a free agent in early July, the 38-year-old O'Neal had a chance to join the Knicks, who vigorously were shopping for a free-agent center, but he chose Boston. He acknowledged he did talk to D'Antoni, who had coached him in Phoenix.
"There was [interest], but I thought Boston was a better fit for me playing alongside three first-ballot Hall of Famers," O'Neal said. "It's going to be a fun year. I wanted to play for Doc [Rivers]. I thought it was a better fit for me."
"Me and Mike, we've always had personal intricate conversations," O'Neal said. "I said there was an interest. In the end, I chose Boston."


Read more: HERE
 
Good choice Shaq, as great as you were I would rather take a chance on a young talent in Mozgov then a over the hill legend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment