10/15/2010

Larry Johnson: "I like [Amare's] attitude"



via espnnewyork.com

Before the season started, former Knick Larry Johnson had a burning question for Amare Stoudemire. "I said, 'Are you ready for New York?'" Johnson asked. "He said, Absolutely.'" Johnson saw his question answered through action last night in the Knicks' home opener against the Celtics. Johnson, who was sitting courtside, saw Stoudemire put up 30 points on 9-for-13 shooting and 12-for-15 from the foul line, mostly off the dribble with strong finishes around the rim. His hard-nosed play and exuberance after big finishes are exactly what Knicks fans want to see return to The Garden. "I like his attitude," Johnson said. "I think he’s definitely the leader of the team. With him and [Raymond] Felton, we’re going to be alright this year." While the Knicks fell just short, 104-101, Johnson also liked what he saw from the team. "I’m enjoying everything. They're playing hard."

Article HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment