10/08/2010

David Stern likes Isiah?


via NYDailynews.com

Commissioner David Stern would not prevent the Knicks from rehiring Isiah Thomas as long as Thomas is not affiliated with the NCAA.

"Absolutely not," Stern said.

Speaking to four New York-based reporters in Paris before the Knicks' preseason loss to Minnesota on Wednesday, Stern admitted that he erred in August by giving Garden chairman James Dolan permission to hire Thomas as a consultant. Six days later, Thomas was forced to vacate the position because as the coach at Florida International University he was in violation of NBA bylaws.

"I think it's fair to say that I missed the issue," Stern added. "I told them they could do it. And when it was announced, I wasn't officially informed, but I knew and my guys said that's not allowed. Oh, I blew that one pretty good. And I called them up and told them."

Thomas' possible involvement in the future of the organization remains an ongoing issue for a franchise that has posted nine straight losing seasons.


Read more: HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment