2/01/2011

A Closer Look At Carmelo Anthony



  Traffic was heavy and slow moving but I finally made it to the Prudential Center about mid way through the first qaurter. Now this was far from my first live Nets game but I was surprised to see how empty seats there were considering the Melo Drama lead up story. My sole reason for attending this game wasnt just to catch a juicy rumor about Melo's feeling on this saga but was also to do some close-up scouting for my Knicks.

Now I'm sure on television we can all see what a great scorer he is but I was looking for some other Superstar qualities, you know those other attributes, like leadership, confidence building, and defense. Unfortunately there was not much of that at all, now sure he can create great space for himself and great opportunities to score but I didn't witness great leadership.

Despite the lack of vocal leadership and defensive effort I would still encourage the Knicks to trade for him today. Now there's so many different variations of trade possibilities that are out there so its hard to single out a specific scenario but if the Don(Donnie Walsh) can assemble a fair trade for all parties involved the deal must be done. Carmelo's faults do not out weigh his values, his scoring abilities are elite, pull up jumpers, post moves, first step drives,are all a part of his offensive onslaught. Some doubters assume that a Melo and STAT tandem wouldn't translate well on the court, I'm not one of those doubters. Carmelo's ability to create his own shot in pressure situations brings a much needed element to the Knicks already good chemistry.


The countdown to the trade deadline is now at 23 days, the Melo drama continues...

Check out highlights from the game HERE


Check out more pics from last nights game after the jump




0 comments:

Post a Comment