9/14/2010

Q&A: Patrick Ewing, Jr.


via NYKnicks.com

NYKnicks.com: So first things first, how does it feel to officially be back in a Knicks uniform?

Patrick Ewing, Jr.: Oh, it’s cool! You know, I am excited and am anticipating doing everything I can to help this team win.

NYKnicks.com: How hard has this last year been for you as you have rehabbed to get healthy?

Ewing, Jr.: It was terrible. It was mentally the toughest year of my life. I have been hurt before, but I’ve never been hurt to the point where I couldn’t play in a game or even had to miss practice. So it was definitely tough, but it has helped make me who I am. I am hungry now. I want to play basketball, and I think that year off showed me that.

NYKnicks.com: Compare your feelings heading into training camp this year to how you felt the first time around two years ago.

Ewing, Jr.: I kind of know what to expect. I think coming out as a rookie I didn’t know what to expect. But now I have sat down with the coaching staff and with Donnie (Walsh), and they talked to me about what they think I need to do to help the team out. I think I am not as naïve going into the situation this time as I was before.

Read the enitre Aritcle HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment