2/14/2011

Melo Very Aware of His Play During The Melo Drama


Melo is very aware of his play as of late.

"I think it takes a strong-willed person, a strong-minded person, to deal with the stuff that I deal with and still go out there and go to work every day and perform on a nightly basis,'' the Denver forward said about trade rumors that have swirled all season as the Feb. 24 trade deadline approaches. "I take my hat off to myself for dealing with all this stuff that's going on and still be able to go out there and play at the high level that I can play at. I really don't think an average person can walk in my shoes. I don't think that.''

"I just feel healthy,'' said Anthony, who dubbed this the hottest offensive stretch of his eight-year NBA career. "That's the No. 1 thing. My legs feel good. My body feels good and I'm starting to make shots. ... That fast that I did was really helpful and the timing that I did it, starting beginning Jan. 9 and ending Jan. 30.

"During that time, I felt sluggish. I wasn't eating that much. I wasn't getting the right foods in my system. And then after that I really started feeling real good about myself. My health started feeling good. My legs started feeling better. I guess they say you got to lose some things to gain some things.''
Anthony said he didn't follow the full rules of the Daniel Fast, which would have required a four-day stretch in which he didn't eat at all. But he found it tough enough.

"I didn't eat no meats, no bread, no sweets for 21 days, no soda,'' he said. "I almost killed myself. But now I guess I've paid the cost for it. I feel great ... I don't drink soda no more. After that, I still don't eat meat that much. No breads. I feel good, tough ... (During the fast), I was drinking Naked Juices, a lot of protein shakes, salads, fruits. That was it, man. A lot of veggies.''


I guess you cant really blame him for congratulating himself, he been on fire. Averaging 32 ppg and shooting 60% from the field since Feb1.


Quotes via Fanhouse.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment