1/08/2011

Knicks vs Suns Recap 1/7/11




via espnnewyork.com

Stoudemire received a rousing ovation when he was introduced.
"It was great," he said. "It lets me know that the fans are still appreciative of the hard work I put on this court and the perseverance to injuries. It was a great ovation, and I love the Phoenix fans forever."

Raymond Felton had his first career triple-double with 23 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds as the Suns matched their second-worst home loss since 2000.
"The ball was coming my way. Everybody did a great job of boxing out so it allowed me to get some rebounds," Felton said. "That's what really happened so I've got to take my hat off to my teammates. Once again they made me look good tonight."
Stoudemire had 19 by halftime. But it was the Knicks' sharpshooters who turned the game into a blowout with a 3-point barrage in a 38-point third quarter.
"I had one objective and that was to dominate from the start," Stoudemire said. "That was my main goal, was to dominate from the get-go. I got it going early. Then in the second half they went to a zone and my teammates got it going."
It was the kind of performance Suns fans were accustomed to in coach Mike D'Antoni's 4 1/2 seasons in Phoenix, before he jumped ship for New York in 2008.
"They really followed what we tried to do," D'Antoni said, "take them off 3s, play them straight up, make them make hard jump shots, and I thought that kind of set the tone. Then we were just hitting 3s, and that was kind of the difference in the game."

Read More HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment