12/02/2010

Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony Ejected, Takes NBA Technicals Lead


via FanHouse.com

The Denver forward didn't make it out of the first quarter last Sunday against Phoenix when he was done for night after three minutes due to flu-like symptoms. He didn't make it out of third quarter Wednesday against Milwaukee when he was ejected with 2:40 remaining.

Anthony became upset when Bucks forward Larry Sanders blocked his shot, and Anthony believed it should have been goaltending. He was given a technical by official Eric Dalen. Anthony continued to bark, and was whistled for another technical by official Jason Phillips for an automatic ejection.

"I didn't talk to Melo about what happened,'' Nuggets coach George Karl said after his team's 105-94 win. "But I asked Jason and he said, 'I'll get you next time.' And I never got an explanation.''
Anthony, who has taken over the NBA lead with seven technicals, declined comment about the ejection to FanHouse after the game. Asked about his health, he did say, "I'm alright.''

It didn't look quite that way on the stat sheet. Anthony shot just 4-of-13 for 14 points.

"I didn't think he was 100 percent,'' Karl said. "I think he was sluggish. I think he was a little bit trying to find ways to get enough energy to put himself in the game. ... But I think he'll be better Friday night (at home against the Clippers).''

Anthony said before the game he was feeling better but during recent nights has "been tossing and turning,'' and has still been "just drained the last few days.'' Anthony has been ailing since the Nuggets played Nov. 22 at Golden State. He felt very bad last Friday against Chicago, but still hit a game-winning jumper at the buzzer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment