11/05/2010

Isiah Still Believes He Can Win With Knicks


via RealGM.com

"Desire or dream," replied Thomas. "I don't expect it. But knowing what I know about the game and the relationships that I have, I'm confident that if no crazy [stuff] happens, I think I can win in New York, and I think I was really close to winning in New York."

When Thomas was hired in 2003, Thomas claims he immediately targeted LeBron James as the eventual centerpiece of the Knicks. Thomas believes James, who was a rookie in 2003, would have eventually come to New York if the former team president didn't have his tenure derailed by a sexual harassment suit and a losing record.

"I have to believe that," Thomas said, "because that was my plan. So I stick to it."

Thomas acquired players like Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford, who he thought would appeal to James.

"They were just all friendly, and they were all on the AAU circuit," Thomas said.

Thomas believes there would be a chance James and Dwyane Wade would have signed with the Knicks instead of the Heat had he been able to stay true to his original plan.

"I think if you take away that trial," Thomas said, "I'm still there, we make the playoffs a couple of times ... and I don't know if Miami has LeBron or Wade. We may have had LeBron and Wade."


Read more: HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment