11/23/2010

Dime Exclusive: NBA Rookies(Landry Fields On Hazing, Veteran Mentors & New City Life From NYC To L.A.


via Dimemag.com

Dime: Have you had any rookie hazing?

Landry Fields: Uh (looks around the locker room) it’s not too bad. I don’t want to say that loud because they might make it worse, but it’s been alright so far (laughs).


Dime: Who are your veteran mentors? Have any guys taken you under their wing?

Fields: They’ve all been really good, but I’d say the one that’s been the best for me is Ronny Turiaf. He’s always in my ear and I think we have the same kind of basketball IQ, so when we’re out there talking, it’s really successful.


Dime: Likewise, how have you been adjusting to life in a new city?

Fields: Um, it’s a little hectic. There’s a lot more going on, it’s not as laid back as out here in L.A., but I’m adjusting pretty well.

Dime: Do you foresee any rookie wall happening at some point?

Fields: People keep talking about the rookie wall. You know we’ll see how it goes. Hopefully I’ll remain even keel and it never happens, but you never know.

Read the other rookies answers HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment