11/26/2010

Amar'e Stoudemire talking about his defense


via NYDailynews.com

"It would be a lot worse," he said following Wednesday's 99-95 victory against Charlotte. "Being 8-8 and .500 is something that we have to improve on."

"When trying to win ball games, defense is what does it," Stoudemire said. "Getting stops, getting rebounds ... it's imperative for me to bring that defensive intensity."

"It was fair," he said. "I was never taught defense. I just never was taught it in high school and also in the NBA."

"I've got to give it to Alvin Gentry," Stoudemire added. "He really implemented some strategies that were helpful to me. I took what I learned last year and carried it over to this year."

"I once read in a book that Bill Russell says 'you will never have a perfect game but you can always pursue it,'" Stoudemire said. "It's about getting better and if we continue to look at ourselves in the mirror and understand that we have a lot of room to improve, despite having success right now, we have a great chance to get better and win games."

Read more: HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment